Saturday, December 20, 2008

More amazing contributions Part 2

My's brother had informed us that an orphanage does not have clean water to drink because their water filtering system just broke.  He had asked My to see if she could try to get some donations (about $800-$1000) to help fix their filtering system so that the orphans may have safe drinking water again.  Well thanks to some very generous people, My has been able to raise about $1300 in just one day.  We send our sincere appreciation out to Dr. Ed Bruce, Dr. Connie Manuel, Masako Matsunaga, and My's sisters.  Dr. Bruce was one of My's former employers and is a practicing dentist in Burien, Washington.  He promised a very generous donation without hesitation when My gave him a call.  Dr. Manuel was also My's former employer and is a practicing dentist in the Greenlake area in Seattle, Washington.  She has promised a donation to My when My gave her a call.  Masako is a long time friend of My's who graduated in her same class from the Lake Washington Technical College Dental Hygiene Program.  My's sisters (she has about 6) have been in full support of this trip from the beginning and have made their generous donations to My.  Thank you so much everyone.

No comments: